The Department for Combating Economic Crimes under the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan operates in the capacity of the financial intelligence unit.
Emblem and Flag
- Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan «On Prosecution Authorities»
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan «On Measures for Fundamental Improvement of Effectiveness of Spending the State Budget Funds and Enhancement of Mechanisms for Combating Economic Crimes»
- Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan «On Establishing the Day of Officers of Prosecution Authorities of the Republic of Uzbekistan»
- Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan «On Measures for Further Improvement of the Offence Prevention and Crime Suppression System»
The Department for Combating Economic Crimes under the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan is headed by:
The Department is:
- Independent specialized law enforcement agency under the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan that is responsible for operative and search activities and pre-investigation inquiries related to economic and corruption-related offences, as well as to ML/TF/PF offences and recovering economic losses inflicted by these offences;
- Designated government anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing and counter-proliferation financing authority;
- Legal successor of the Department for Combating Tax, Currency Crimes and Money Laundering under the General Prosecutor s Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan in respect to the rights, obligations and treaties, including international ones.
Main objectives of the Department include:
- Protecting scrupulous entrepreneurs and foreign investors from illegitimate interference into their activities by the government authorities and institutions, removing artificial bureaucratic barriers and obstacles that prevent business development, facilitating optimization of import flows and building export capacity of domestic producers;
- Detecting instances of misappropriation and embezzlement of the state budget funds,
- Combating economic and corruption offences in the fuel and energy complex, as well as in the banking, financial, tax, transportation, construction and social sectors;
- Preventing transactions and deals that contradict the state interests, identifying different schemes and channels of illegal outflow, importation, exportation and illegal turnover of foreign currency and countering the development of shadow economy;
- Combating illegal activities involving manipulation of prices for socially important goods, creation of artificial scarcity of or feverish demand for such goods, and sale of poor quality or counterfeit medicines and medical supplies;
- Ensuring effective compliance with the anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing and counter-proliferation financing legislation;
- Cooperating and sharing information with foreign competent authorities and relevant international and other organizations on matters related to combating economic crime, corruption, money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing.
Helpline Number/Fax: 0-371-233-1007
Official Website: http://new-department.uz/ru/
Address: D-39A, Yahyo Gulomov Street, Mirzo-Ulugbek District, Tashkent.